TLR is related to core activities of any place of learning. TLR looks at 4 Sub-Parameters on which the Institutions are evaluated, viz.
- Student Strength of the Institution (SS)
- Faculty to Student Ratio (FSR)
- Faculty Quality & their Experience (FQE)
- Utilisation of Financial Resources by the Institution (FRU)
In this Analysis, I am presenting only the Analysis of 3 Category of Institutions, Viz. University, Engineering College & Management Schools.
STUDENT STRENGTH OF THE INSTITUTION (SS)
SS Score is calculated by looking at 2 important aspects of an Institution (See Picture Above).
- Ratio of Approved Intake of Seats Vs Actual Enrollment of Students (Considering all UG & PG Programs). This is what I would like to call as FILL-RATE.
- Total number of students enrolled for the doctoral program till previous Academic Year.
NIRF2018 Rankings started considering the Ratio (Point 1 above) for the first time in the last 3 years of this Ranking Exercise.
Majority of the Universities (both Public & Private) have a healthy FILL-RATE (See Picture above).
In my opinion, if an University is able to maintain a 80%+ FILL-RATE, then their probability of them being in the Top 100 Universities is high (Referred as Safe Zone).
Majority of the Engineering Colleges (both Public & Private) have a healthy FILL-RATE (See Picture above).
We also see that there are more Private Institutions have better FILL-RATE than Public Institutions.
The Safe Zone for FILL-RATE has moved up to 85%+ in the case of Engineering Colleges (Vs 80%+ for University).
Majority of the Management Schools (both Public & Private) have a healthy FILL-RATE (See Picture above).
The Safe Zone for FILL-RATE has moved up to 90%+ in the case of Management Schools (Vs 80%+ for University and 85%+ for Engineering Colleges).